This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
In social groups, why does my boyfriend ignore me?
11-09-2012, 01:55 PM

Brian, I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that your partner "Ryan" is something of a people pleaser - and not necessarily in the bad way, just in a very social way. It sounds like he is good at striking up conversations with other people, but he is certainly taking you for granted. My guess is that he's uncomfortable with PDA b/c he's afraid of attracting negative attention. I would definitely bring it up with him, because I bet he doesn't do it on purpose to make you feel bad. I think there's something behind the way he's acting, like maybe he's compensating for how much he feels like he "needs" you emotionally. Or maybe he's been single in the past and wants to prove to other people that he doesn't need to act all lovey dovey with his partner. He might have some anxiety issues, too.

If you really feel that he cares about you, it's worth bringing up this topic with him. You might not be able to get a total 180 degree change out of him, but he should be able to make comprimises. Maybe something little like giving you a peck on the cheek, or introducing you to someone new, or reaching out and holding your hand could mean a lot because you'll know he's trying - for you.

Good luck!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
[] - Raj - 11-09-2012, 01:55 PM
[] - UVa guy - 11-09-2012, 01:55 PM
[] - Flor - 11-09-2012, 01:55 PM
[] - Nikolas - 11-09-2012, 01:55 PM
[] - truckinotter - 11-09-2012, 01:55 PM
[] - Friendlyfood350 - 11-09-2012, 01:55 PM
[] - Michelle W - 11-09-2012 01:55 PM