This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How do I de-friend a person on facebook and will they get notification that I did it?
11-09-2012, 09:09 PM
How do I de-friend a person on facebook and will they get notification that I did it?
I want to stop getting a "friend" on facebook

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-09-2012, 09:17 PM

Block them.

Ads

Go into their profile. Where is says "friends" select that and an options list will come up. Click "unfriend".

no they wont get the notification and to unfriend just go to their wall, click the button that says friend with a tick and then unfriend on the drop down menu

From either the "Home" or your profile on Facebook (you must be logged in), go to the person's page that you want to unfriend. There ought to be a button that says "friends" "close friends" "acquaintances" etc. If you click on it, a drop-down list will appear. Scroll down to "unfriend", click on it. There may be a popup message asking if you're sure. Click "okay".

The person will not receive a notification. I had two profiles that were friends with each other, and I tested to see whether or not you would get a notification that you had been unfriended.

Click on them, that should take you to their profile.

Then, hover your mouse over the 'friends' button next to their profile picture on the other side of the page.

then click 'Unfriend' and you wont be their friend anymore.

They will NOT get a notification that you've deleted them!