This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Is an ipod touch a good ipod????????
12-15-2012, 06:05 PM
Is an ipod touch a good ipod????????
I want to get one for my b-day but i want to know if its worth the money like does it work?
Thanks in advance!

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-15-2012, 06:13 PM

You have to get one seriously its the best buy ive ever done.
I have the cheapest version and still loooveee it you can use it for everything!

Ads

yes it is a good ipod they are very cool. nice sound good picture lots of memory space. hope you like it!

it's definately worth it, i dont regret it at all, i love mine...thinking about getting the 4th gen in September which id advise you to wait and get too since it's the newest version

The Ipod Touch is completely worth it. I guess I'll make a pro and con list...

Pros:
-Music, videos, podcasts, etc... (everything a Nano can do)
-Games (required Wifi to download, or you can get off of iTunes on computer)
-Apps (facebook, myspace, twitter etc.)
-Mail (with push)
-Safari and Youtube included
-Push notifications (When someone reply to something, you get notified)
-External speaker
-Multi touch screen
-Slick and thin
-Text people for free if you have the app (the app is free)
-Pretty much an iPhone without the phone
-Super sensitive touchscreen (capacitive touchscreen, which means it senses the electricity inside your fingers)

Cons:
-No 3G connection like the iPhone. Have to use Wifi
-Pretty much useless without wifi, most of the good things require wifi
-Audio quality (compared to zune HD, the competitor) is slightly worse, but not that noticeable
-External speaker quality is not that good
-The iPod gets scratched up VERY easily
-No multitasking (but there will be, after the 4.0 firmware coming this summer of 2010. The multi-task will only work on third generation ipod touches though)
-No camera
-Touch screen will not work if you have thick gloves on

Should you buy it? I say yes. It is very worth it (only if you have wifi though). You should get the newest version of the ipod touch (the 3rd generation) because like I said earlier, multitasking will be coming out soon and only the 3rd generation works.

Although iPod touch gets a new version every year around September. So you can either wait till September, or get it now. Just so you know though, you'll never stay up with the technology because EVERY September they renew to a newer version of Ipod Touch.

I also noticed people tell you to "wait" until the 4.0 software is out. If you have the 3rd generation iPod now, you don't have to "wait". When a new firmware (they call it software in previous posts) you can just simply upgrade your ipod. Now here's the thing... If you wait until the firmware is released, when you buy the iPod, it comes with it. OR if you buy it now, you might have to pay money to upgrade your ipod (they're usually anywhere between $5 to $20). So that depends if you wanna get it now and spend extra money for the firmware upgrade, or wait another month or two and get the upgrades for free.

You can also jailbreak you iPod, and if you know how to use it. It will bring your iPod to a whole new level of things that you can do. (Google or Youtube all the things you can do)

As for jailbreaking, if you buy it now, it will be in 3.1.3 firmware, just go to spiritjb.com to download the jailbreaker and click the jailbreak button. It's very easy. However, if you want to jailbreak the 4.0 firmware (which is not out yet) You'll have to wait a few weeks for the jailbreaking community to make one.

The apps in the app store is cheap. There are a lot of free ones. Most of the paid ones are from $1 to $5