This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How do I make my profile on facebook completely secure?
12-23-2012, 01:41 AM
How do I make my profile on facebook completely secure?
As in if you're not friends with me, you cannot see anything except for my name and the add as a friend button.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-23-2012, 01:49 AM

Keep your information safe by setting your Facebook security settings high.
Flag this photo

Social networking is a great way to stay in contact with family, friends and coworkers, but it is also a way for criminals to access your information and use it inappropriately. It is very important to set your security settings on Facebook as high as possible to prevent anyone from finding and misusing any of your information.

Difficulty:Moderately EasyInstructions
Secure Browsing
Sign into your Facebook account.

Click the drop-down arrow next to "Account" in the top-right corner of your page.

Select "Account Settings."

Click "Change" next to "Account Security."

Check the box under "Secure Browsing (https)." This setting enables encryption which encrypts the data on your page, therefore keeping it secure. Some applications and games may not work with secure browsing enabled.

Check the box under "Login Notifications" if you want Facebook to send you an email when an unrecognized computer tries to access your account. Click "Save" once you have checked the desired boxes.

Group Friends
Go to "Friends," "Edit Friends" and click "Create a List."

Enter the name for your friend list in the box at the top.

Select the friends you want included in each list, then click "Create List." You can use groups such as "Family," "Friends" and "Work." This will allow you to choose which friends see your posts and photos.

Prevent Searches
Remove your profile from Facebook search results.

Click on "Account" and select "Privacy Settings."

Click "View Settings" under "Connecting on Facebook."

Verify the box to the right of "Search for you on Facebook" shows "Friends Only." If it doesn't, click the drop-down arrow and select "Friends Only." This will prevent your name from popping up in Facebook searches unless it is one of your Facebook friends searching.

Prevent Search Engine Returns
Go to "Account" and choose "Privacy Settings."

Click "Edit your settings" in the "Apps and Websites" section at the bottom of the page.

Find "Public search" and click "Edit Settings."

Uncheck the box next to "Enable public search." This prevents your Facebook profile from coming up when people search for your name with an Internet search engine.

Keep Information Private
Click the drop down arrow next to "Account" on the top, right of your page and choose "Privacy Settings."

Click "Customize settings" at the bottom of the list outlining information on your page.

Find "Contact Information" near the bottom of the page and click the drop-down arrow next to each section.

Set it to "Friends Only" or "Customize." If you choose "Customize," you can enter the friends you want to see that information and those from which you want to hide the information.

Read more: How to Make Your Security Settings High on Facebook | eHow.com http://www.ehow.com/how_8469483_make-sec...z1c0jbkjfR

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply